I love organizing myself with baskets. It's such a great way to free myself of clutter, plus they look great in any room. The easiest way to ruin a nicely decorated room is to have piles of clutter everywhere. You can use baskets by themselves or group different sizes together for a more noticeably unique look. The best way to keep your baskets flowing throughout your home is to pick a weave and color in your baskets. For the baskets in my home, I have chosen a seagrass weave in a natural color.
I really enjoy looking through different magazines and catalogues, but they seem to pile up really quickly. So, to keep them readily available but tucked away I stack them up in this basket next to my chair.
One thing that I like to keep out in my office are cheap pads of paper. To keep them looking nice, I stack them upright in a basket. This way I can keep my office looking great but still have it functional at all times.
I don't know what my husband would do without this basket! I have never seen anyone lose keys like him. So, to keep our mornings somewhat organized I have put this basket by our front entrance to hold keys and any little odds and ends that need to be by the front door.
I like to keep a few spare pillows available in my guest room for my guests. To do this, I stacked two pillows in a basket underneath my bookshelf.
If it wasn't for this basket, I don't think I would ever be able to watch television. This basket is what keeps all of our remotes in one place. Because they have a place to go, everything stays more organized.
There is a gap between our cabinets and our fridge. To fill this, I used three baskets side by side. These baskets really warmed up a cold place. (no pun intended) They added a very natural look to the stainless fridge and you can always use extra storage in a kitchen.
I know not everyone loves to organize as much as I do, but I promise it helps. It's also a great project to tackle in these winter months. Try to make this a resolution for yourself.
Hi! I'm visiting from The Inspired Room. I love baskets, too. Yours are beautiful. Unfortunately, most of mine come from thrift stores or yard sales, so they aren't as uniform looking as yours, but I still think they look good. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHi Marilyn. I too love going to garage sales and thrift stores. They are always exciting because you never know what you will find. I get most of my baskets at HomeGoods. They have really good prices and a great selection. You can always mix your basket styles too. Check out my Linen Closet Organization under the DIY tab to see how I do that. Thanks for your comment!
ReplyDeleteYes now I need to find some baskets for my kitchen... for above the refrigerator. Thanks for the good ideas, this is something I really have to do now!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I know this is a super old post but I'm curious where you got the baskets for storage above your fridge? I have the exact same issue and have searched EVERYWHERE for baskets that fit properly. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI find organizing with baskets is an effective and aesthetically pleasing way to manage clutter.
ReplyDelete