Inexpensive Bathroom Remodel

I am really excited to share my ideas on how to update your bathroom with little cost.  Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures, because I was too excited to get to the demo part that I forgot to take my before shots.


The first thing we changed in the bathroom was the mirror.  The previous owners of the house had a huge all in one cabinet over the sink.  By all in one I mean a double medicine cabinet, light, and three mirrors all in one piece of furniture.  So, you can imagine how much space that took up in the room.  With the mirror being right when you walk in, I did not want it to take up any space visually.  So, I decided to go with a simple framed mirror from Lowes instead of a cabinet. 


 I originally bought a bathroom cabinet to go over the toilet.  I had that up for awhile, but it never seemed to fit the space.  With all of the furniture and really no decorations, the bathroom felt heavy.  I wanted to add some bathroom related decorations, but I didn't want to overwhelm the space.  In order to do this, I decided to remove the cabinet and add open shelving.  I went to Lowes to see what they offered for shelving and found a lot of different mix and match options which is great for every style.  I chose less expensive brown shelves, so I could go with a little more detailed hardware.  I couldn't believe how much this opened up the space.  Being able to see the wall behind the shelving made such a difference. 

When it came to decorating the shelving, I wanted to use things that would be relevant to a bathroom.  By doing this, the room feels lived in and user friendly to a guest.  I have seen the apothecary jar look at Pottery Barn and I wanted to recreate this on a more realistic budget.  I bought my jars at HomeGoods and all of my bathroom products at Target.  HomeGoods is a great source for inexpensive apothecary jars in any size.



With all of the renovation products out there, I knew they had to sell toilet handles and...they do!  There was absolutely nothing wrong with our toilet, so I didn't want to waste any money or time trying to replace it.  Instead, I found an oil-rubbed bronze handle at HomeDepot and it gave the toilet a whole new look for under $10.00.


With the bathroom being on the smaller side, I really wanted to keep it simple.  Rather than a print, I chose a brown waffle shower curtain from Bed Bath and Beyond. (Don't forget to use coupons!)


Before, the sink was a pedestal sink.  These can be very nice, but ours was old and really needed replacing.  My options were slim due to the size I needed, but I found this piece at Home Depot for under a $100.00.  The faucet was not included.  Some people think that is a bad thing, but I would rather it that way so that I can pick out the finishing that I like.



The last item on our bathroom remodel list was the floor.  This project was something that we really wanted to cut costs on because we knew it was only temporary.  A year later, it's still there.  We used peal and stick tile from Lowes and it turned out looking great.  This was a very easy project.  All you need is a tape measurer and an exacto knife.  From start to finish, it only took about an hour.


These are all changes that anyone can make and they made such a difference in our bathroom.

11 comments:

  1. Your bathroom looks great! I love the shelves and the blue/brown color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi, I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Bathroom renovations Waiheke Island

    ReplyDelete
  4. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information?
    Bathroom Products

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent and helpful post, and this is also helpful tips Bathroom renovations Buderim for how to renovate a bathroom. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. modern bathrooms

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Philadelphia Bath estimate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bathroom renovations I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. UPVC windows

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...