Continuity Continued...

Last time I shared my continuity ideas with you regarding hardware finishes.  Another aspect that is really important when it comes to continuity throughout your home is keeping your furniture and decorative accents similar throughout your home.  This is not to say that everything in your house needs to be the same, but you should keep this in mind while you are decorating.  When I first moved into my house, I decorated a little too quickly and considered each room separately.  Now I find that I am redecorating most of the rooms that were previously done.  Now, that I have given time to think about the flow that I want my house to have, I have been much happier with the way everything has turned out.  Some things that I like to repeat throughout my home are furniture colors and finishes, baskets, color schemes, and decorative accents.  Now, when I walk from room to room they seem like extensions of one another rather than separate areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...