Twelve Days of Christmas Day 2: Bay Window


Welcome back!
Today I would like to share with you how I decorate my bay window for Christmas. My tree is located next to this window so I like to keep these decorations simple. This way it doesn’t take any focus away from my Christmas tree. This is also a great alternative for your stockings if you don’t have a fireplace!



Instead of using a strand of garland, I combined different styles of greenery picks to create a more natural look. Picks are a great way to get the look you want without compromising because you put it together yourself. Here are the picks that I chose for my bay window.


Before I placed the picks, I laid out my candles so that I could intertwine the picks in the base of the candleholders. To break up the greenery, I added red berries to incorporate the color from the candles and stockings. Once all of the picks were laid out, I could place my stocking holders in the front. To keep all of this looking uniform, I chose oil-rubbed bronze as the finish for both the stocking holders and the candle holders.





This is a quick and easy way to decorate and looks great from both in the house and outside. Now, I’m just waiting for Santa to fill our stockings!




3 comments:

  1. I love the greenery picks, what a great idea. I can't wait to see the tree! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! If you are ever interested in decorating with picks, Michaels are Bordines are great places to shop for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You surely prepped up nicely for the Holidays! And it looks wonderful! Maybe you can decorate your window, too, for other occasions! Whether it is Halloween or other celebrations, you can make use of your bay windows to spruce up your home whole year long!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...