Letter B

I really like how people incorporate their initials into their home.  It gives a subtle personal touch to any space.  I incorporated the letter B into my office for my last name.  When I bought the letter, it came in a black finish.  I wanted to create an aged gold look so it would compliment all of my oil-rubbed bronze pieces.

Before


After






To create this aged look, I took a small dab of vaseline and rubbed it lightly on the parts of the B that would naturally age.  Such as the corners and raised areas.  After applying the vaseline, I spray painted the entire B with two coats of gold.  Once it was completely dried, I took a paper towel and wiped the parts of the B where I applied the vaseline.  When doing this, do little bits at a time so you only wipe away portions.  This was a very fun and simple project, good luck!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a clever idea about the vaseline. So pin worthy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vaseline works great. I'm thinking of trying it out on a cabinet. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...