Twelve Days of Christmas Day 11: Peppermint and Gingerbread Tree

Days 11 and 12 are all about my Christmas trees!  I have our main tree in our living room and I also have a tree in our bedroom.  The tree I am showing you today is the tree in our bedroom.  This tree is new to our house this year so it will need more trimmings over the next couple of years but I love it for now.


I think it is really important to have a theme for your tree.  This way, when you are out shopping for decorations you will know what you are looking for and if it will match your theme.  For this tree, my theme is all peppermint and gingerbread.  Also by having a theme, you can pick things up from year to year and those decorations will always fit in with your tree.


This is the first year I have ever had anything but a green tree, but I am really enjoying the white tree with my decorations.  I don't think it would have looked as nice on a green tree.  When shopping for this tree, I was looking for anything red, white, peppermint, or gingerbread.  I didn't want to mix in any other colors.  It's important to remember to shop at multiple stores when decorating too.  If you do, you will have more variety to choose from and when sticking to a theme you know it will all match even if it is not in the same grouping.  Plus, doing this is a huge money saver!


One thing to keep in mind when looking for decorations is to get ornaments/picks of all different sizes.  This will really give your tree some interest.  Also, don't feel like you need to get multiples of every ornament.  Sometimes, it's more interesting to just have the one.  To me, bulbs are fillers.  I always use them, but they never take up my entire tree.  I enjoy the unique ornaments and picks more.


I hope you enjoyed my tree as much as I do!  The most important thing to remember is to have fun with your tree decorating.  If it's not fun, it's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...